CANDLE CARE GUIDE & SAFE USE
TO ENSURE SAFE USE AND THE BEST BURNING EXPERIENCE, PLEASE FOLLOW THE BELOW STEPS:
- Vessels made of stone are fragile. Ensure to handle them with care
- Do not use the candle if the stone vessel is cracked or chipped
- Never leave a burning candle unattended
- Ensure burning candles are out of reach from children and pets
- Always burn a candle away from drafts
- Candles should not be burned for more than four hours at a time as the stone and/or metal may overheat
- Ensure to burn your candle on a heat resistant surface
- Keep the wick centred and do not allow the flame to touch the side of the glass or metal insert
- At each burn, ensure to burn the candle until the wax pool meets the edge of the glass or metal insert. This is particularly important for the first burn of your candle. Candles have memory and if the wax is not allowed to melt to the edges of the glass or metal insert it is likely that your candle will develop a ‘memory ring’ which causes tunnelling around the wick. This will not allow for optimal burning time and may result in unnecessary ‘waste’ of the soy wax.
- Ensure to extinguish the flame with care before replacing the lid
- Do not touch the glass or metal insert at any point during and/or immediately after use as the insert may be hot
- Do not touch the stone vessel at any point during and/or immediately after use as the vessel may be hot
- If the mouth of the glass or metal insert becomes soot blackened, extinguish the flame, allow it to cool, and carefully wipe the rim with a dry paper towel
- Ensure to always keep the wick trimmed to 5mm before each use of the candle
- To reuse the stone vessel for candle use, simply remove the completed insert and replace with a new glass or metal insert!
IMPORTANT NOTE: FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS MAY RESULT IN FIRE, HAZARD OR INJURY.
Stone Design & Co does not take any responsibility for the misuse of our candles. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact our experienced team.